Community is the theme at Malta House, which is just minutes from the University of Maryland and serves the people of Hyattsville. Its unique location provides opportunities for arts and culture.
At Malta House, we encourage our residents to enjoy an independent lifestyle while we provide all the conveniences of home, from delicious home-made meals to housekeeping services. Therefore, our residents have more time to socialize, participate in recreational activities, or just read a favorite novel. Our residents also enjoy peace of mind, knowing that when supportive services are needed, our caring staff members are there to assist them at no additional charge.
- 31 private rooms with private baths on a single floor.
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning.
- Gentle assistance with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Three nutritious, home-cooked meals daily, served in common dining rooms.
- Medication administration.
- Emergency assistance, 24 hours per day.
- Weekly housekeeping with personal laundry service.
- Daily attention from caring staff.
- Attractive common areas including living rooms, library, fireplace, television room, and an outdoor patio and walking path, hair salon.
- Minimum age of 62.
- Able to walk independently or with a mechanical aide, or able to self-transfer from a wheelchair.
- Residents and families are responsible for obtaining any necessary medical care, including transportation to and from medical appointments.
- All-inclusive monthly fee for a private suite: $4,400. A lower fee may be arranged on a sliding scale basis for some lower-income residents.
(pricing subject to change)
- Security deposit equal to one month's fee.
- $250 application fee.
"Malta House is ideal for my mother, who feels completely at home there. My mother even gets the bonus of regular mass, which is important for her as a Roman Catholic. Clean, friendly, with an attentive staff and a great physical configuration for people who have a little difficulty getting around. Malta House is a true blessing for all who live there."
- C. F.
"Our mother constantly tells us how fortunate she is that her daughter found Malta House. The personnel treat her as their own, many hugs and lots of comfort. It's such a peace of mind knowing that she is here."
- Tom and Doris Davis